[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]As the name suggests National Talent Search Examination which is commonly known as NTSE is a national level examination organized and regulated by the NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) to identify and nurture talented students by providing an aide through scholarships to enable them to pursue higher education in Science and Social Studies streams.
Back in 1963, it was started as the National Science Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS) as an initiative to help talented students to continue their education.
NTSE scholarships were granted on the basis of certain parameters like the qualification in the written test, project report, and interview of the student.
The written test had two components into it
- Science Aptitude Test (SAT) and ‘
- An essay based on a scientific theme only.
At the time of the written test, the project report was also required to be submitted.
While the scholarships were granted only to those students willing to pursue their higher education from Class 11th to Doctoral level in Basic Sciences.
Although, currently there are two levels of NTSE (National Talent Search Examination)
- State-level talent search examination
- National Level Talent Search Examination.
All the 29 States and the 7 Union Territories of India conducts the State Level Talent Search Exam and it is open for all the students studying in Class 10th.
While NCERT conducts the NTSE stage II examination and only those students are eligible to appear for it who get qualified in the State Level Talent Search Examination
NTSE scheme aims to award talented students pursuing education in Science and Social Studies stream with scholarships to help continue their education.[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”About NTSE 2020″ font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:left|color:%23000000″ use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]Official NTSE 2020 notification is out now, as announced by NCERT on its official website – http://www.ncert.nic.in
Hence all the candidates who are studying in class 10th in the current academic year should apply for NTSE 2020.
THE First stage of NTSE 2020 will be conducted on November 2, 3 and 17, 2019 by all the states and the Union Territories in the following manner:-
- In, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the first stage of NTSE 2020 will be conducted on the 3rd of November, 2019.
- In all the other states and Union Territories, the first stage of NTSE 2020 will be conducted on 4th of November, 2019
- In the states of Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal Delhi NCR, and Jammu & Kashmir, the first stage of NTSE 2020 will be conducted on 17th of November, 2019
The second stage of NTSE 2020 will be conducted on May 10, 2020, by NCERT at the National level for all states and Union territories.[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Schedule of NTSE 2020 Exam” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:left|color:%23000000″ use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]The Registration of NTSE 2020 began in August 2018 and the last date of application will be notified separately by the respective State or Union Territory.
|NTSE 2020 Events||Official Dates (NTSE Stage-1)||Official Dates (NTSE Stage-2)|
|Registration for NTSE||August 2019||No registration|
|Release of NTSE Admit Card||The second week of October 2019||April 2020|
|Date of Examination (NTSE 2020)||3rd, 4th, and 17th of November 2019||1Oth of May 2020|
|Date of NTSE 2020 result||From January to March 2020||September 2020|
[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”Important highlights of NTSE 2020 OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:left|color:%23000000″ use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]
- There are a total of 2000 scholarships in NTSE 2020, which starts from class 11th to Ph. D. level with pre-defined slabs of Scholarship amount.
- For the students of 11th class and 12th class, the scholarship amount is 1250 rupees, granted on a per month basis.
- A sum of 2000 rupees is granted per month for the students of Under Graduate and Post Graduate level.
- NTSE scholarships are granted to the students of research-level as per UGC norms.
- As usual, the NTSE 2020 Exam will be conducted in the Offline examination mode where a student needs to appear for two papers in a single day. These question papers will be in the objective format and will carry the following parameters:-
- Paper 1 also known as MAT (Mental Aptitude Test) having a total of 100 questions carrying 100 marks that need to be completed within 2 hours, with no negative marking.
- Paper 2 also known as SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) having a total of 100 questions carrying 100 marks to be attempted within 2 hours, with no negative marking.
Note: – The pattern of NTSE Second stage exam is same as that of the stage first.
- Statistics of NTSE 2020 Exam Centers:
- For NTSE Stage I exam – there will be a single examination center in all 29 states and 7 Union Territories.
- For NTSE Stage II there are 35 exam cities.
- Application fees for NTSE 2020:
- The application fee of NTSE 2020 will be decided by the respective states and union territories, i.e. there is no fix and uniform fee throughout all the states and union territories of India.
- There will be no fee for the second stage of NTSE 2020, as usual.
For more information on NTSE 2020 just remain tuned with Career Point.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]